Image Map

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Time I Went To Bartending School

Yup...after college I thought I'd bartend.  It never happened.  Two things I went to school for that never happened.  Oh well - my life isn't over yet!  Everything happens for a reason I GUESS.  Why do so many jobs want experience but they won't give people who are fresh out of school a chance?  Extremely frustrating.  If someone threw me behind a bar now, 7 years later, I wouldn't remember half the drinks I learned but yet back then, I aced the test (both written and making actual drinks) and nada -nothing.  They all wanted experienced people.

I bartended a few private parties but that was it.  I might actually promote that for the upcoming holiday season.  We'll see.  It wouldn't hurt to make a few extra bucks doing something fun for a few hours.

Do you work in the field you went to school for?

No comments:

Post a Comment