Image Map

Thursday, October 30, 2014

5K PR + 5 Reasons To Run In The Rain

I finally hit my sub 30 minute 5K last night!!! My total time was 29:54! So I just made it, but still, it felt great!

Also, it was raining. That being said, here are my 5 reasons to run in the rain:

1 // Maybe it's just me but you tend to speed up because you want to get it over with! 

2 // Not many people are out. Last night we ran on a paved trail which is usually packed with runners, walkers and bikers. We only saw 3 other people when we would normally see 20+.

3 // The rain drops cool you off.

4 // A hot shower feels that much better after a rainy run.

5 // At the end, you're glad you didn't use the weather as an excuse to skip your workout.


Also, Lindsay won my Halloween goody bag giveaway which I'm shipping out to her today - yay!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO!!! Way to get the PR! The rain, though not always ideal, does seem to give us that extra push to get through our runs. Way to go, lady!!

    ReplyDelete