Image Map

Monday, November 4, 2013

Pile On The Miles: Day 4

So far, so good!  My doctor says walking is "okay" but I need to focus on PT and lots of stretching.  Running right now is out of the question as well as the Jillian Michaels workouts (too much jumping, lunging, etc).
 
My left calf was cramping really bad last night.  I swear, my whole left side is screwed up.  Shoulder, hip!
 
Yesterday I decided to walk at 4 mph (sounds easier than it is, I was dripping sweat - and it was cold out!), for 45 minutes covering 2.62 miles for all of those who did 26.2 in NYC yesterday.  I live in a hilly area so it was pretty tough and I'm feeling it in my shins and quads, which is good - it means it's working.
 
 
 
Did you watch any marathon coverage?  I was glued to the TV for 3 hours watching.
 
The guy who came in 1st, ran it in 2 hours and 8 minutes which was about Saro's time for the HALF marathon.  That's a 5 minute mile for 2 hours straight - insane!!  The woman who came in 2nd for the women, threw up while running but that didn't stop her!
 
On a random note, Saturday night I was feeling really sick, like I was coming down with the flu.  A friend suggested tea with honey and to swallow a whole garlic clove.  So I did that, plus took Emergen-C and felt much better the next morning.  Try it if you feel like you're coming down with something!
 
Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment